Chamonix, between luxury and mountain panorama
The village of Chamonix is the Mecca of mountaineering, being at the foot of the Mont-Blancand also one of the most popular ski resorts renowned in the world, with its four ski areas. It is a historic village, rather high-endwhere wealthy people stay during their vacations winter.
The ski slopes in Chamonix
The slopes are located between 1042 m and 3275 maltitude and covers 308 hectares, including 65 hectares of artificial snow, with 22 km of snow cannons. It has 69 slopes spread over 119 km, the longest of which is 19 km long. Among them, 16 runs are green, 18 blue, 27 red and 8 black. There is also 1 Snow Park. The resort group 4 fields of ski which are the Houches, the Brévent-la Flégère, Balme and the Grands Montets.
The four ski areas of Chamonix
- The most famous the domain of Houches which includes the Kandahar piste. It is the black run that attracts the most skiers in the region. There are 21 trails between 990 and 1900 m of altitude on 2 sides. Once arrived at the summits, the visitors will appreciate the panoramic view at 360 ° opened on the valley of Chamonix, the chain of Friz, the massif of Aravis, the valley of Montjoie and the chain of the Mont-Blanc.
- The most impressive The domain of the Great Montets is the favorite spot of the freeriders fond of strong sensations. Here, big ski enthusiasts will find the steepest slopes, the most impressive drops, combes and powder on an altitude ranging from 1235 to 2765 m. The area has 19 ungroomed trails, off-piste routes that offer unforgettable guided touring experiences. But there is also a beginner trail on the Lognan plateau and the Chosalets with a Snow Park and a boardercross.
- The easiest : the domain of Balme has 21 easy trails between 1453 and 2270 m of altitude.
- The most beautiful the domain of the Brévent-la Flégère is south facing and facing the Mont-Blanc. Its exceptional sunshine makes it a site of great beauty in addition to these 32 tracks hidden in the forest of fir trees.
The Chamonix resort in a few figures
|⛷️ Ski resort ⛷️||Chamonix|
|Massif||Mont Blanc Massif|
|🗻 Ski area 🗻|
|Size of the village ski area (in klm):||110 (and 1500 hectares of off-piste)|
|Size of village ski area with connection(s) (in klm):||150|
|Longest downhill ski run (in km)||19|
|Name of the ski area||Chamonix Mont-Blanc|
|Connected station(s)||Servoz, Les Houches, Argentière, Vallorcine|
|❄ Altitude of ski area ❄|
|Altitude at the bottom of the ski area (in m)||1 042|
|Altitude at the top of the ski area (in m)||3 275|
|Average altitude of the ski area (in m)||2 159|
|Total vertical drop of the domain (in m)||2 233|
|Surface area of artificial snow (in ha)||65|
|🎿 Difficulty of ski trails 🎿|
|Number of green runs||18|
|Number of blue trails||43|
|Number of red trails||42|
|Number of black runs||15|
|Total number of downhill ski trails||119|
|🚡 Lifts 🚡|
|Fixed grip chairlifts||8|
|Total number of lifts||67|
|🌲 Nordic area 🌲|
|Number of cross-country ski trails (or Nordic area)||5|
|Size of the Nordic ski area (in klm):||49|
|🏘️ Services in the station 🏘️|
|Presence of a snowpark:||Yes|
|Presence of an aquatic complex & spa :||Yes|
|Trails accessible on foot from the village :||No|
|Number of year-round inhabitants (including low-lying village)||8600|
|Slogan of the station||Chamonix Mont-Blanc|
|🚆 Access to the resort 🚆|
|Nearest train station:||Chamonix|
|Bus shuttle to a train station:||Yes|
|Distance from Paris (in kilometers)||615|
|💶 Price survey in the station 💶|
|Price list for a ski pass (1 day) in high season (access to the entire ski area)||55 €|
|Price of the week pass (6 days) in high season (access to the whole ski area)||275 €|
|Ski equipment rental rate per week (adult)||120 €|
|Ski equipment rental rate per week (child)||65 €|
|Rental studio 2 persons (school vacations)||850 €|
|Family apartment rental 4 persons (school vacations)||1 050 €|
|Cost of stay for 2 adults (excluding transport and food)||1 640 €|
|Statement cost of stay 2 adults & 2 children (excluding transport & food)||2 273 €|
|🔑 Average real estate rate 🔑|
|Average price per m2 of an apartment||6 800 €|
|Average price per m2 of a chalet||9 050 €|
|Average price of a 60m2 apartment||408 000 €|
|Average price of a 100m2 chalet||905 000 €|
|📊 Station evaluation on 7 criteria 📊|
|Score on the average snowmaking capacity of the massif / 10||9|
|Note on the ratio between the size of the ski area vs. the price of the stay / 10||8|
|Evaluation note of the ski area and ski lifts / 10||10|
|Note on the diversity of activities (except skiing) / 10||10|
|Note on the charm and interest of the Village / 10||10|
|Note on the average cost of a stay / 10||6|
|Score on the average evaluation of Internet users /10||8,5|
|🎓 Station average via 7 criteria 🎓|
|Final average score according to Skidata.io / 10||8,8|
|🏆 Ranking according to Skidata.io 🏆||3rd position on 232 stations in France|
Chamonix in 19 Questions / Answers
- What are the winter activities in Chamonix?
The resort of Chamonix is a luxury resort, very rich in activities, especially in winter it offers activities such as:
Speed-Riding This activity is a fusion between paragliding and skiing. It will allow you to enjoy all the sensations of skiing and the breathtaking view offered by paragliding.
Luge This resort offers several toboggan runs for more fun with friends or family.
Snowboard For all the snowboard fans this resort also offers to come and ride on its slopes. You can enjoy unequal sliding sensation with levels of difficulty very varied.
Snowshoeing The resort of Chamonix also offers you to explore its fauna and flora through hiking. You can appreciate its unique landscape in winter.
- What are the activities in summer in Chamonix ?
The station Chamonix also offers many summer activities like :
Paragliding This activity will allow you to enjoy new sensations and observe breathtaking panoramas.
ATV The resort of Chamonix also has a Bike Park for the pleasure of all mountain bike fans. They will be able to enjoy the sensations of freedom offered by the mountain bike.
Climbing Climbing : this activity will allow you to enjoy all the benefits of climbing. You will be able to appreciate the landscape while making the full of strong sensation.
Hiking Hiking : you can also explore the surroundings of the resort in summer. This will allow you to observe all the splendor, and even to do some mountaineering.
- What to visit in Chamonix and its surroundings?
Among these places that you must visit in Chamonix, we can mention : Aiguille du Midi, Mont Blanc, The Montenvers-Mer de Glace train, The White Lake or again Saint-Gervais.
- Where to eat in Chamonix ?
The resort of Chamonix offers several restaurants among which we can mention : Su’s Cuisine, Auberge des Gorges de la Diosaz, Aux Dix Vins.
Chamonix offers a number of different accommodations such as the Heliopic Hotel & Spa, Appart’Hotel Le Génépy, Hotel Les Campanules.
- How big is the ski area of Chamonix?
The ski area of the resort of Chamonix has a size of 150 kilometers, divided into 30 trails. Of these runs, the longest is 19 kilometers long. It also has 49 kilometers of cross-country ski trails.
- What is the altitude of Chamonix?
This area has an altitude between 1042 meters and 3275 meters high.
- What is the price of the Chamonix ski pass?
Their packages start at 55 euros for the day, and 275€ for the week.
- What is the average price of a rental in Chamonix?
For a furnished studio for 2 people, the average price is 850, and for an apartment for 4 people, the average price per week is 1050.
- Does the resort of Chamonix have a bike park?
Yes, it has a Bike Park with a total distance of 22 kilometers with 5 trails, the longest of which measures 8 kilometers.
- How to get to Chamonix by train?
You can easily get there by being at the Chamonix train station, connected by TGV to Paris.
- What is the postal code of Chamonix ?
The zip code for Chamonix is 74400.
- In which department is located the resort of Chamonix ?
The resort of Chamonix is located in the department of Haute Savoie.
- Does the resort of Chamonix have a tourist office?
The resort of Chamonix is part of the Chamonix Mont Blanc tourist office. It is located at 85 Place du Triangle de l’Amitié, 74400 Chamonix Mont Blanc France.
- Are there any webcams in Chamonix ?
Yes, there is a webcam, which you can find at this web address https://www.chamonix.com/webcams
- Where can I find information about the weather in Chamonix ?
You can find the latest weather report from the Chamonix station at https://meteofrance.com/node/568425.
- What is the opening date of the ski lifts in Chamonix?
In Chamonix, the lifts usually open the first week of December until the beginning of April, but it all depends on the snow conditions in the mountains.
- Is there an ESF school in Chamonix?
Yes, it is at Maison de la Montagne, 190 Place de l’Eglise, 74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France.
What is skidata.io’s opinion about Chamonix?
In the end, skidata.io gives an average score of 8.77/10 to the resort of Chamonix, which places it in the top 3e French ranks. Its strong points are : the activities proposed, the charm of the resort, the ski area.
Map of accommodations in Chamonix
Map of the ski slopes of Chamonix
Fondateur de Skidata.io, j’ai une passion pour le ski, la randonnée en montagne, ainsi que la data.
Mon objectif est de vous aider à comparer factuellement les domaines skiables et villages de montagne.