List of ski resorts in the Ardèche :
There is only one alpine ski resort in this department, and three other possibilities for cross-country skiing/snowshoeing.
|Name of the Massif
|Name of the ski area (if connected)
|Number of ski runs
|Ski area (in KLM and not connected)
|Number of cross-country ski trails
|Nordic area (in klm)
|Altitude at the bottom of the ski area (in m)
|Altitude at the top of the ski area (in m)
|Average score according to skidata.io / 10
|La Croix de Bauzon
|The Cross of Bauzon
Ski resorts in the Ardèche
The Ardeche is known for its many natural sites such as gorges and caves, lakes and rivers, mountains and valleys… People also come from the south-east of France to discover the richness of its historical and architectural heritage by visiting residential castles or fortified castles, but also churches and chapels. The Aluna Vacances campsite welcomes visitors who wish to enjoy the exceptional climate.
The Ardèche is also a mountainous region in the Massif Central, where holidaymakers can enjoy winter pleasures and snow. The north of the department offers Nordic resorts and areas, while the center and the south are suitable for snowshoeing, sledding and cross-country skiing.
Skiing season in Ardèche
In the Ardèche resorts, inhabitants and tourists can practice several sports in winter. Alpine skiing and cross-country skiing are among the most popular activities. Other sports are appearing, including snowshoeing or ski touring, which attract more people.
In the middle of summer, it is also possible to enjoy the Ardéchoise. The public can choose between several activities at this time: a walk or a mountain bike, or ski touring and running… just to name a few sports.
The 4 ski areas in Ardèche
The cross of Bauzon
The winter sports resort is located in the Tanargue massif, not far from the Ardèche Valley, in the west of the Ardèche plateau. The Nordic domain is located between 1 250 and 1 511 meters of altitude and covers the communes of La Souche and Borne in Haute-Savoie.
Many activities are practiced here, such as downhill or cross-country skiing, but also snowshoeing and snow games for children. The Ardèche resort is also known for its unique natural setting and the beauty of the surrounding landscape.
- 11 different slopes for downhill skiing
- Three of the eleven trails are green. The green runs have gentle slopes and are easily accessible. They are particularly interesting for newcomers or skiers who don’t want to go too fast.
- In addition, there are six blue runs, four of which have small slopes but are relatively accessible, suitable for intermediate skiers.
- There is also a red run in the area. This one is much more technical and limited. The slopes here are much steeper, which requires a great deal of discipline.
- On the other hand, there is a black run which, although more difficult – with vertiginous slopes, for example – does not discourage the most experienced and speed lovers.
- 4 trails for cross-country skiing
- A blue trail is one of the four trails. It is distinguished by its gentle slopes, but it offers sharper turns than a green trail, in particular. It is ideal for intermediate skiers.
- The Ardèche also has four trails reserved for snowshoers, a fun place for children with a sledding run and a snow buoy trail, just like Mont-Dore.
Domaine de la Chavade
The Domaine de Chavade is located in the commune of Astet and is a Nordic site. Most of the disciplines practiced are cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. A play and educational area for children also takes place at the resort.
In all, twenty-two trails are dedicated to cross-country skiing. There are also nine trails for snowshoeing and three others for children’s education.
The Ardéchois has 56 km of trails – ranging in length from 2 to 20 kilometers – which are approximately 1,380 and 1,504 m in altitude.
The resort is located at 1,080 meters above sea level and gives access to a ski area where many slopes are available for all ages and all levels, thanks to which you can discover magnificent landscapes.
The area offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscape and is appreciated for this. Tourists can also explore the village of Lalouvesc, a charming town of four hundred inhabitants where it is good to stroll with family or friends.
The resort of Montivernoux is located at an altitude of 1320 m and offers a ski area with several slopes between 1320 and 1448 m.
In the Ardèche, holidaymakers can choose between several types of activities. They can also go hiking or biking in the Ardèche mountains, as well as participate in a tourist circuit or organize itinerant excursions.
Cross-country skiing or snowshoeing in the Ardèche mountains, sports routes such as running, ski wheeling, mountain biking, and even road trips are also passions. Other activities attract other people, especially cross-country skiing or snowshoeing, climbing and sport courses such as running in remote places.
Translated from the french original version : https://skidata.io/station-de-ski/departement/ardeche/?rand=9113
Fondateur de Skidata.io, j’ai une passion pour le ski, la randonnée en montagne, ainsi que la data.
Mon objectif est de vous aider à comparer factuellement les domaines skiables et villages de montagne.